Reflection: The feedback I got was good from the first pitch with
the pacing of my words and the spacing of them, as well as my hand movements.
The hand movements were habit by me but
everything else I thought was useful
because I used the techniques from the
lectures to do my pitch. The other feedback I got that was useful was to get
the camera to get more of my posture and to not pace back and forth. I thought
those were useful especially the pacing because it is a habit of mine when
presenting so I made sure to fix it.
Changes: I made sure to stop
pacing so I would look more professional and I
made sure the camera captured more of my posture.
Compared to your last pitch the lighting and the camera angle is an improvement on this pitch although it still would have been preferred if the viewers could see all of you and not just your upper half. I would also like to point out with your elevator pitches because I am a bit confused what does homelessness have to do with your idea for on how to better equip cars for fatality crashes? Lastly you shown more energy in this pitch than the other.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your elevator pitch. I could definitely pick up on the changes that you made since your previous elevator pitch and I agree that it made you look more professional. I also like how you paced your words a little bit better. I can tell with everyone including myself that elevator pitches get easier the more that you do them, so the best way to get better at them is to reflect and practice.
ReplyDeleteThe first immediate areas of improvement that I noted were how much more you were able to stay on topic and expand upon the ideals your company stands for and the problem it aims to solve. The climate that you do these pitches means a lot, and you managed to also keep the conversation high intensity.
ReplyDeleteI think that a good amount of hand gestures and movements keeps the audience engaged but too much can be a distraction; it can prevent the audience from actually listening to what you're saying. But yes I do believe capturing your posture did make a difference from your last video.
ReplyDelete