Wednesday, February 13, 2019

11A - Idea Napkin No. 1

1. You :
  • I'm a  freshman at UF as a mechanical engineering major. I'm skilled in talking to people and I can pick up new things pretty quickly when it comes to technical things. I have experience on my own just making whatever comes to mind and plenty of experience talking to people about anything. My aspirations are to just do whatever I want such as turning my ideas into reality. If I were to start my concept as a business,  it would take a lot of my time especially since ill be passionate about it and so invested that I'll make sure it gets to where it needs to be.
2. What are you offering to customers? :
  • I'm offering  car companies a product that could be incorporated into their cars to help reduce the number of fatalities due to car crashes. I'm customers that buy cars to have the ability to have their chance of crashing lowered as the car would be able to react with other cars due to an accident of whatever cause. Using the technology will make the car companies have a better reputation of having a safer car then people who won't use the technology. It'll be better than the individual sensors on a car that stop when they are about to crash as they can be fault and stop in the middle of the traffic due to different factors affecting the sensor.
3.  Who are you offering it to? :
  • I'm offering it to car companies who want to make their cars to compete with Tesla and their autonomous driving features. Instead of the cars driving we still have people driving but the cars can react with other as a group instead of an individual car.
4. Why do they care? : 
  • Instead of having to figure out how to make the technology themselves they can buy it through licensing and implement it into their cars. As a result the car companies that use it will be able to have their cars communicate with another companies car to make it much safer for people driving on the road. If they did it on their own then only the company's cars would be able to communicate with only that company and not another company's car.
5. What are your core competencies? :
  • What sets me apart is that since I'll only be making the technology and not the cars i can have it implement in any brand of car that chooses to buy it and have the technology become more effective then only to have one brand utilize it and have it only work with that brand of cars.

I believe there are some aspects of my business concept that are weaker with the others. My business plan relies that on other companies buy the technology from me through licensing but if they decide not to license then my concept will not be profitable. I would also have to figure out how to make the technology safe so it won't cause accidents due to failures or other factors that can affect it and cause  crashes.

4 comments:

  1. I think your strengths will help hand in hand with your product. I wish there was more detail on what your product actually is or does. I like the idea of having your own company and technology rather than it be owned by the car company. I liked how you noticed your "flaws" and addressed them. I think its a great idea and there is obviously a need. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After looking at your strengths, you definitely seem to have a lot of potential in setting up your business. I firmly believe that you can be very skilled at what you are doing, or very smart with your financial and marketing decisions, however, networking and communication is such a vital aspect of creating a successful business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was very well written and I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

      Delete
  3. I really like your idea and your background as a mechanical engineering major. I also think you did a good job selling yourself and playing off your strengths, which is especially important in the business world. The goals you have set in place seem reasonable and plausible which is important and I am interested to see where you go with your idea in the future.

    ReplyDelete